Water Resource Protection | Water Security & Emergency Preparedness
Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (WARN):
A WARN is a network of water and wastewater utilities helping each other to respond to and recover from emergencies. The purpose of a WARN is to provide a method whereby utilities that have sustained or anticipate damages from natural or human-caused incidents can provide and receive emergency aid and assistance in the form of personnel, equipment, materials, and other associated services as necessary from other water/wastewater utilities.
Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (WARN): Tabletop Exercise Facilitator Guide, September 2008
A tool to exercise and validate WARN intrastate mutual aid/assistance operational plans and agreements in preparation for an actual emergency.
- Vulnerability Self-Assessment Tool (VSAT)
- Tabletop Exercise Tool for Water Systems: Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Climate Resiliency (TTX Tool)
- Water Contaminant Information Tool (WCIT)
- Reimbursement Tips for Water Sector Emergency Response and Recovery (EPA 817-F-09-004, August 2009)
- Public Assistance for Water and Wastewater Utilities in Emergencies and Disasters (EPA 817-F-10-009, August 2010